Monday, September 22, 2014

Our Favorite Homemade Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips

There are so many wonderful reasons to love fall...the crisp air, the changing colors, and my very favorite....baking!  Oh, how do I love to bake!  Homemade cookies, cakes, breads oh, my!  I have been making this Banana Bread recipe for over 10 years now, and still think it is the best!  Everytime I try another recipe I just wonder why, as if I am somehow cheating on my tried and true!


Banana Bread

3 overripe banana's
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
Chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Mash bananas in a large bowl.  Add flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and egg.

Melt butter and add it to the bowl, stir until just mixed.

Pour into a greased loaf pan.  Sprinkle on chocolate chips.  Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Note:  I have made this with only 2 bananas if that is all I have in the house and it turns out just fine.

Adapted from Parenting Magazine

Hope you enjoy this yummy quick bread just as much as we do. -Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment