Saturday, September 6, 2014

Fall Wedding Shower Sneak Peek

The weather this weekend is absolutely beautiful here in the Midwest, which makes me giddy for fall.  I have been planning a fall wedding shower for tomorrow and couldn't wait to share with you a quick glimpse.

I ordered the invitations from Sunshine Printables on Etsy.  Sasha was absolutely wonderful to work with.  She had the invitations to me within 24 hours of placing my order and couldn't have been any sweeter.  As part of the invitation we asked that each guest fill out a recipe card and bring it along to put into the recipe box for the bride to take home with her.  I found the cute little poem here and just altered it slightly to fit our needs.


I made the pumpkin centerpieces from just a few simple supplies from Hobby Lobby.  The pumpkins were already white, which made my life that much easier...as much as I love to spray paint it was easier to purchase them already done.  First I added a couple of glitter fall leaves found with the seasonal picks and just cut the stem with wire cutters and pushed them into the foam pumpkin under the stem.  Then I saw these adorable pumpkins with jute wrapped stems and just loved the look.  I followed this tutorial to make the curly-cue stems.  Then just added a bow and the pumpkins were finished.  I used Dollar Store candlesticks painted silver as stands.  I am pleased with how they turned out.  Hopefully the person who ends up as the lucky winner will too, as this is a party gift as well.
Hope you enjoyed and will come back to see the rest of the shower.  Thanks so much. -Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment